I keep a list of all of my favorite tailgate food ideas so that when the time comes, it's really easy to figure out what I'm making each week. I also keep a folder with all of my Pinterest/magazine/blog found recipes that would be perfect for tailgates. There are so many different ways to make several of these things so I won't share recipes for all of them (ask if you want them though!) but if I love one in particular, I'll link to it. I hope this helps with your planning this fall!
- Hashbrown Bake- This is a family recipe that I make all the time. What makes this great for tailgating is while you bake it at home, it tastes great hot out of the oven as well as room temperature. It can sit at your tailgate for a while and still tastes great. You can add onions, mushrooms, swap the ham for sausage- anything you want really. Top with a bunch of hot sauce!
- Bacon Bloody Mary's- To make it easy, just use store bought mix (Zing Zang is great), Bakon vodka (bacon flavored vodka), hot sauce, Old Bay, rim the glass with bacon salt, garnish with pickled okra.
- Fruit Salad
- Gorilla Bread
- Chicken Salad with rolls- I usually just buy a container of chicken salad from Zoe's. They have great chicken salad and there is no sense in making my own when I've got so many other things to make.
Main Dish/ Meat
- Crock pot Pulled Pork BBQ (with simple slaw & pickles)- Cook it overnight, shred it up in the morning and keep it warm all day in the crock pot. Easy!
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings- These take a little bit more thought but would be great for a later game. You could bake them in a disposable tin pan with a lid so you can toss it. I'd use little chicken wings instead of drumsticks.
- Steamed Old Bay Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce- Publix will even steam them with Old Bay for you!
- Crockpot Chili with Cornbread- Make a chili bar with onions, cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, crackers, cornbread, fritos, etc. Keep it warm all day in the crock pot- perfect for colder weather!
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Broccoli Salad
- Baked Beans
- Deviled Eggs
- Sliced Watermelon
- Boiled Peanuts- Kept warm in the crock pot. Bring a slotted spoon and Styrofoam cups.
- Herb Dip & Chips- Another family favorite. Keep it cool with a little bowl of ice under it.
- Seven Layer Mexican Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Buffalo Chicken Dip- There are so many ways to make this. Skinny Taste even has one if you want to keep it a little lighter.
- Velvetta & Rotel Dip- I feel silly adding this to the list but it's just good. Everyone likes it and it's simple. Crowd pleaser.
- Football Cupcakes- I'd skip the whole "homemade" part and just use box cake mix and frosting. Very cute decoration though!
- Peanut Butter Football Dip with Pretzels- Another very cute presentation. I'm a salty-sweet lover so this is right up my alley. I haven't tried it yet but I'll be making it the first chance I get.
- Peanut Butter Chex Mix- You could swap out the peanut butter candy for M&M's in your team colors.
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip with Apples- This is a little "fancy". I haven't tried this one either but I think it looks great.
- Cinnamon Sugar Nuts- Make a big tin of these and people will be sticking their hand in them all day!
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies- I have probably made these 100 times. You can also turn them into muffins or cake pops.