Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
Pork Butt Shoulder (For reference, I'd say 2.5lbs would make 4-5 sandwiches)
Root Beer (Buy name brand- the cheap stuff is too sweet. I might have also bought the glass bottles because I'm a sucker for nostalgia.)
Salt and Pepper
Your favorite BBQ Sauce (I like vinegary BBQ sauce...I'm definitely NOT a ketchup based sauce girl. I got mine from a restaurant in Georgia.)
1. Cover your pork butt with a good layer of salt and pepper. I think I also threw some garlic salt.
2. Put your pork butt in the crock pot on HIGH and set the timer for 8 hours.
3. Pour root beer into crock pot until it's about 1/2 way up the pork.
4. Cover...and wait. I did flip my pork over about half way through.
5. At the end of the 8 hours, shred up the pork with two forks and cover with your favorite sauce.
Whole mess of thinly shredded cabbage
a shake of salt and a shake of pepper
1 tsp celery seed
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup cider vinegar
Put it all in a jar and shake it up. I make this several hours ahead of time so it has time to sit.
Now, I wouldn't eat a whole pile of this on it's own as it's not your typical sweet mayo-ish slaw. I like mine very vinegary and ON my BBQ sandwich. I want it drippin' down my arms!